Improve Yourself and Live a Healthier Life01/07/2018
You can become a healthier, happier and more successful person by making a few simple changes to your lifestyle. You will have to make changes to the overall you, not just change the amount of exercise you do or your diet. The secret to achieving happiness and a healthier life is to balance your body and mind. It is only when we are balanced in physical, mental and spiritual health that we are truly healthy.
If we are healthy, then we are happier and can reach success more easily in life. Here are some ways you can bring back balance to your life:
- Exercise is an essential part; it helps to tone our body, keep our heart and lungs healthy and detoxifies. Exercise can be anything from more vigorous routines such as aerobics to simply walking. Pick your favorite activity and set aside a specific time of day and commit yourself to devoting half an hour per day towards getting your body back into shape.
- Eating right is the next essential step to maintaining a well-balanced life. Our bodies need the right amount of vitamins, nutrients and minerals to work at its best. Making changes to our diet is easy, keep away from fast foods which contain a lot of saturated fats and sugar and start including more whole grains, chicken, fish, plenty of green vegetables and try to eat fresh fruit instead of juice when available.
- Along with making changes to your diet you should include supplements such as vitamins, nutrients and minerals. Modern farming methods strip many of our foods of the minerals our bodies require and now just provide us with the basic nutrients. Due to this, we might be lacking in certain minerals and vitamins, by supplementing your diet with vitamin and mineral supplements we can ensure we still get all the vital minerals, nutrients and vitamins we need in our daily diet.
- Reducing the amount of stress we have in our life plays an important part in how we are able to cope with it. Stress can do much damage to our body and mind and has been linked with “burnout”, fatigue, sleep problems, depression and it lowers our immune system. Learning techniques on how to cope with stress and worry are essential to keeping yourself balanced and full of energy. There are a wide variety of techniques from simple breathing exercises which can be done anywhere, at any time, to yoga which is a full system for relaxation and de-stressing to meditation. There are many books, DVDs and CDs available on the subject or there are courses you can attend.
- Lastly, but by no means the least important, is keeping life fun, doing something which you enjoy doing and makes you feel relaxed and happy each day. Know you are not being selfish by taking time out each day just for yourself, this time is essential. It is just as important as exercising, eating right and reducing stress. Your time could be spent doing a hobby or pastime that you enjoy, sitting quietly and reading, taking a hot bubble bath while listening to your favorite music or spending quality time with your family or friends. It can be anything as long as it’s something you like to do and enjoying doing.
Walking Your Way to a Healthier You
Walking is the best form of exercise you can have to obtain better health and a fitter you and it will cost you nothing. It is a form of exercise which can be taken up by anyone regardless of age or physical condition providing you start off sensibly, as with all forms of exercise you are not used to doing.
The first steps to getting healthier should be taken slowly and it is advisable if you do not exercise on a regular basis to start off with no more than a 10-minute walk most days of the week. This can then be gradually increased to walking 3 times a day for 10 minutes or twice a day for 15 minutes at a time. There are many ways you can fit this into your daily routine without too much trouble; just consider when and where you could alter your routine to walk instead of taking the car or bus.
Look Good, Feel Better
How we look on the outside very often reflects how we feel on the inside. If we know we look good on the outside and are getting praise and compliments this automatically gives us a boost and makes us feel good on the inside. Ways to looking better on the outside and ultimately feeling better on the inside include dieting, eating a well-balanced diet, exercising, and taking general care of your body and taking care of your mental health.
Keeping active by exercising not only helps you to lose those few extra pounds but also tones your muscles leaving you looking better but also feeling healthier by helping to ward off diseases. There are many forms of exercise and it doesn’t have to be expensive. You can buy cheap basic gym equipment to use in your own home or even take up a form of great exercise which doesn’t cost a penny – walking. In order to maintain the peak of health, you should aim to exercise for at least 30 minutes per day every day of the week while maintaining a healthy balanced diet.
A well-balanced diet consists of eating at the right times without snacking in-between and eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, which are rich in vitamins and minerals. If you are trying to lose a few pounds, then it is essential that you don’t eat more calories per day than you are burning off and cutting down on foods rich in salt, fats and carbohydrates is essential to maintaining a healthy body. A well-balanced diet is considered to be one that includes bread, cereals, fish, lean meat, chicken, potatoes, and dairy products. This along with exercise not only makes you look better but can help to counteract the onset of many health related problems.
Taking general care of your body includes numerous small things which go towards making you look good; for example, having a makeover by way of changing your old hairstyle, getting it cut and dyed can make a huge difference to how you feel and give you a much-needed boost. Paying a visit to a manicurist or pedicurist will give your hands and nails a treat, having your teeth whitened at the dentist can give you good reason to smile more. It’s all the little things that can come together to make a big difference that you have to take into account when looking for ways to make you feel better on the outside.
Mental health is important too
Your mental health, your feelings and thoughts can also make a huge difference to how you feel on the outside and inside. If you have negative thoughts and feelings on the whole then your outlook will be one of negativity that leads to low self-confidence and low self-image. Daily affirmations can help you to change your pattern of thinking and help you gain self-confidence and are an enormous confidence booster.
All of the above when combined together can lead to a healthier and happier person who not only looks good on the outside and oozes self-confidence, but is also healthier and fitter on the inside with a better outlook on life in general and so is better able to cope with life.
The Importance of Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Being overweight not only looks unsightly and makes you feel less attractive it also poses a far greater risk, a risk to your health. Therefore, there are many reasons why it is important that you maintain a healthy weight by eating well-balanced meals and getting regular exercise. Being overweight has been linked with many conditions affecting not only our physical health but also our mental health, studies have shown that those people who are overweight and don’t get regular exercise are more at risk of developing depression than those that exercise on a regular basis and eat a well-balanced and varied diet.
Experts have agreed that the more overweight a person is then the more likely they are to suffer severe health problems, however once the person takes steps to start losing weight and changes their lifestyle, then the percentage starts to drop. If you are overweight then even just by losing 10 or 20 pounds you can begin to reduce the increased associated risks to your health and make improvements.
Sleeping your way to health
Most of us don’t realize the true value that sleep can have on our bodies and minds and the majority of us don’t get enough of it. While for some of us this is due to suffering from a sleep disorder such as insomnia, others just stay up too late and have commitments which require us to get up early. Getting enough quality sleep is essential to getting us through our day but also for our overall health.
One of the biggest things that lack of sleep has on our bodies is our hormones; various hormones in our body work together and have an effect on our health. When we suffer from lack of sleep we begin to crave more carbohydrates and sugar, our blood sugar levels will also fluctuate. If we don’t get enough sleep it can cause problems without adrenal glands, the adrenal glands regulate your body’s health, when our adrenal glands start suffering, and we start to suffer.
One of the main problems being an increase in hormone cortisol, cortisol helps us to resist stress, maintain our blood pressure and our moods are dependent on it. However if there is an increase in cortisol then it can cause adverse reactions within our body and is not good for us.
Living a healthy life is achievable; make it a lifestyle to live healthy.